In order for a commercial painting job to be successful, you must be sure that you can handle the project so that it doesn’t go sideways. Keeping clients happy should be a priority and they expect that the project will be done both on time and on budget. If you want to accomplish both of these things, the following tips will help:
- Know the type of work and the correct amount of hours required for any project you agree to take on, as this will allow you to bid on the job correctly and fairly. Do not just send out a bid if you’re not sure what the work entails and the number of hours that is needed because you will find that you’ve proposed a bid that is inaccurate.
- Consult with your team to ensure that everyone is on the same page. Visit the job site with the client as well as your employees so that everyone knows exactly what the job entails and what is expected. Discuss details so that there are no discrepancies and include these discussions in a formal document. For example, make it clear whether or not painting the doors is part of the project, so that both the client and painting team understand the painters’ responsibilities and there is no room for confusion.
- Plan every aspect of the job in great detail. Get everyone involved and go over the plan, including start date and finish date as well as the costs. Make sure all of your employees know exactly what is expected of them for each specific project as planning is the only way you will be able to complete the project on time.
- Manage your team throughout the entire project. Straying away even for a little bit may cause mistakes to occur, which will result in the loss of both money and time. In order to prevent this from happening, make sure you assign each employee to a specific task so they know which section of the commercial building they are responsible for covering and can focus on that. This will ensure you stay on budget, which will keep your customers happy.
- Calculate the cost of materials correctly so that you can include them in the price and your client knows what their total will be. The materials should always be included in the price, so you need to know how much paint and supplies you need so that they can be ordered and priced. Materials should always be ready before the project begins.
Commercial painting jobs are not easy, which is why you require a professional painting company like Number 1 Painting to complete the job for you. Located in New Westminster, they have all of the right skills as well as the experience to take on commercial projects and their interior painters will guarantee the job is done right!